Looking for a delicious recipe to bake this season? Look no further! I recently baked this delicious caramel cheesecake and let me tell you…the gingersnap crust is the ultimate and secret ingredient! Friends and family will be in awe at your baking skills so let’s get into it!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chopped pecans
- Your favorite caramel topping but if you want to create your own, I’ll link some other great recipes below
- Pre-heat oven at 325 degrees F. You will need a 9 inch spring form pan. I personally got mine at Amazon for $19.99 and it works perfectly. Grease it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix crushed gingersnaps, sugar, butter and salt. To make things very easy, I use this food chopper to crush the gingersnaps in just under a minute.
- Press the mixture into the greased pan. Pack lightly.
- With a hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, white and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time then proceed with stirring the sour cream and vanilla. Lastly, add the flour and salt. Mix until batter is smooth and has no lumps.
- Pour mixture over gingersnap crust.
- Wrap the bottom of the spring form pan with aluminum foil and place into a large roasting pan. Proceed to place into the oven and fill roasting pan with boiling water until about halfway up of the spring form pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes. The center of the cheesecake should slightly jiggle. Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool for about an hour with the oven door slightly open.
- Remove aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, drizzle your favorite caramel topping on top and sprinkle chopped pecans. Enjoy and let me know on the comment section if you tried this recipe!
Below are a few other delicious fall dessert recipes I found on Pinterest and I’m planning to try next. If you try them before I do, don’t forget to let me know in the comment section!
Other Easy Fall Dessert Recipes
Don’t forget to check out my cocktail blog post if you are looking to entertain in the near future!